If you use Youku, you can access the video here
Quick Reference Guide
1. Add student information to the excel template, and save a copy (you should have received a copy via email, but if not you can get the document here). Note – please ensure the format remains as csv when you save.
- Subject choices should follow the format Qualification;Subject – e.g. GCSE;French
- If the qualification is a GCSE(9-1) you should include that in the qualification title – e.g. GCSE(9-1);French
- There are a few ways to add your subject choices to the spreadsheet, and you can find helpful illustrations of both in the Co-ordinator Guide. The format you choose will determine which format of the csv upload template you should use.
2. Log in to Secondary+.
3. Select ‘Assessment Admin’ and then ‘Computer Assessments’.
4. On the left hand side of the page you’ll see a section titled ‘Access Assessment Centre’ – select option 2 ‘Upload Student Details inc. Subject Choices’.
5. Select the relevant assessment (the most recent for the current assessment), and click ‘ok’.
6. Click ‘Import’, choose the year group you want to upload student data for, and click ‘ok’. Note – this refers to year groups according to the school system in England and Wales. If you are an international school and are unsure about how what that means for your students, we have some information to support you here.
7. Click ‘Choose File’ and select your csv document (point b. Does the file contain column headers? Should remain as ‘yes’).
8. Click the circle icon to place a marker next to the file format you have chosen, and choose the divider you have used from the drop down - if you’re using one of our templates, this will be a semi colon [ ; ]
9. Click ‘Upload’.
10. Check that the column headers have mapped over correctly (use the drop downs to make changes as necessary). Whether your subject headers are subject names or ‘Subject 1, 2, 3’ they should all map to ‘Subject Choice’. When you’re happy, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click ‘Next’. Note – columns left as ‘ignore’ will not be loaded to our system.
11. If you have added subject choices you will be asked to confirm the qualification (against CEM recognised qualifications). Select the relevant qualification from the drop down list and click ‘ok’.
12. If you have added subject choices, you will also be asked to map the subjects in your file to CEM recognised subjects. Subjects the system hasn’t automatically recognised will show with ‘ignore’ in the drop down. Remember, anything with ‘ignore’ will not load into our system, so you will need to select a subject from the list. You should also check those that have mapped over automatically. When you’re happy with the choices, click ‘ok’. Note – if the qualification is not listed, it’s likely we don’t hold enough data on that qualification to provide a prediction. This is most common with new qualifications. You can select the closest match we hold to get an idea of likely predictions
10. You’ll see a summary of candidates you have imported. You can make changes or delete students if you need to. When you’re ready, click ‘Next’.
11. If the system detects any duplicate students against records you have already added, you will see a ‘Candidates Matching’ screen. Select ‘Include’ to add as a second entry, or ‘Update’ to amend the current record for that student. Click ‘Finish’ to complete the upload.
Detailed Guides and Supporting Documents
- Full PDF Coordinator guidance document for Yellis
- The education system in England and Wales
- Uploading student details including subject choices: