Quick Reference Guide
- Log in to PIPS.
- Select ‘Assessment Centre’ from the blue banner at the top
- Select the relevant product and assessment (the most recent for the current assessment), and click ‘ok’
- Click ‘carry out assessments’ from the banner across the top (the clock symbol)
- Choose ‘Non-Web Version’
- Select ‘Download Assessment’ and the relevant operating system, which prompts you to save a zip file on your computer
- Once saved, right click on the file and select ‘Extract All’, and choose a location to save the files. Note – the folder must be on a mapped drive, and if there will be no network connection should be saved on the local computer. Tip – when the download is complete, if you click on the file from the bottom of your browser it will take you directly into the folder, so you will need to go up a level to the folder containing your newly downloaded folder before you can right click and select ‘Extract All’.
- Select ‘ASPECTS_2023_0001’ (the one with the CEM logo). You can set up a shortcut to the assessment by right clicking and choosing ‘Create Shortcut’.
- Click the link in the pop up window, or open a Chrome or Safari browser (you don’t need to be connected to the internet), and copy the following link into the browser bar – http://localhost:8085/local note - you must leave the ‘Welcome to CEM eAssessment’ window open. If you close that window the link won’t work. If you are using multiple products, you might notice that the link appears to be the same, but you will need the relevant window for the specific product you want to use open.
- Once on the web page, enter the pass key (the pass key is the same for all students taking the test)
- Click ‘Next’
- Select the relevant student from the list. Choose Start of Pre-school or End of Pre-school. Click ‘Next’.
- Check student details, and click ‘Next’
- Test your volume and change as appropriate using the slider, then press ‘Start’ to launch the assessment questions.
- Select the handwriting closest to that of the student. Point the cursor to
your answer to proceed.
- You and the student will be presented with an illustration. Click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- The student will now answer the first question.
Article is closed for comments.