Preparing for the Final Assessment with the Non-Web version
Warning! Before undertaking the End-of-Year assessment, you MUST download the latest student list to the folder where you extracted the BASE Non-web files for the Start-of-Year assessment. This will ensure pupils begin the assessment from the appropriate place.
Updating your pupil list
1. Go to the ‘Carry out assessments’ option in the BASE Assessment Centre and click on the file where it says Download Pupil list. This will send the file into the Downloads folder of your computer device. The file contains all the student information from the Start-of-Year assessment (e.g., name, gender, DOB, etc.).
2. Go to the Downloads folder on your computer device to locate the file called CandidateList.zip (see below). Double-click on the file to open it.
3. Highlight the two files inside by holding down the ‘Shift’ button on your keyboard and left-clicking on each one with your mouse to select them both. Once highlighted, right-click your mouse and select ‘Copy’.
4. Open the folder where you extracted the files for your BASE Non-web assessment to run your BASE Start-of-Year. From here, double-click to navigate into the XML folder (see below):
5. Paste the two files you copied at step 3 into the XML folder (See example below). These will overwrite the list of pupils that the software knows about and will update your assessment with their latest details, including the data from their first assessment. The pupils can now begin the BASE End-of-Year from the last question they answered in their first assessment.
Please note: Candidates will be deleted if you use the "Add name" feature of the assessment software to add new pupils but have not returned any result files from those candidates from the Start-of-Year assessment.