Detailed Guides and Supporting Documents
Quick Reference Guide
You should make sure your student details are uploaded in full before you download the assessment
1. Log in to Alis+ and CEM IBE+.
2. Select ‘Assessment Admin’.
3. Select option 3 ‘Set up the Assessments’ from the left hand menu.
4. Select the relevant assessment (the most recent for the current assessment), and click ‘ok’.
5. Click ‘carry out assessments’ from the blue tiles across the top (the clock symbol).
6. Copy/make a note of the pass key for each year group and check the ‘Enabled’ box for each year group you plan to assess.
Note – you will see a check box labelled ‘candidates can retake an assessment’. If you opt to leave it blank, that is something you can come back and change in future if you have a need to retake any of the assessments.
7. Scroll down and click ‘Non-Web Version’.
8. Select ‘Download Assessment’ and the relevant operating system, which prompts you to save a zip file on your computer. Access the zip file from your downloads folder (or via the icon at the bottom of your screen), and copy the zip file from there to the area you want to save it.
Tip – when the download is complete, if you click on the file from the bottom of your browser it will take you directly into the folder, so you will need to go up a level to the folder containing your newly downloaded folder before you can copy/‘extract all’.
9. Once saved, right click on the file and select ‘Extract All’ (sometimes found in the ‘Express Zip’ section), and choose a location to save the files. Note – the folder must be on a mapped drive, and if there will be no network connection should be saved on the local computer.
10. Access the file called CABT_EW_2023_0001 (the one with the blue CEM icon). You can also create a shortcut to the folder by right clicking on the same icon and selecting ‘Create Shortcut’.
11. Click the link in the pop up window, or open a Chrome or Safari browser (you don’t need to be connected to the internet), and copy the following link into the browser bar – http://localhost:8085/local
note - you must leave the ‘Welcome to CEM eAssessment’ window open. If you close that window the link won’t work. If you are using multiple products, you might notice that the link appears to be the same, but you will need the relevant window for the specific product you want to use open.
1. When a student clicks on the link they will be asked for a pass key – each student in their year group will use the same pass key. The student should enter the pass key and click ‘Submit’.
Tip – often schools put the pass key on a board in the room where assessments are taking place.
3. The student will see a title screen for the assessment, and should click ‘Next’.
4. The student will select their name from the list and click ‘Next’.
Note – there is search functionality so a student can narrow down the options if you have a large year group.
Article is closed for comments.