Detailed Guides and Supporting Information
Quick Reference Guide
You should make sure your student details are uploaded in full before you download the assessment, and it’s a good idea to create a new folder on your desktop (by right clicking on your desktop, clicking ‘new folder’, and choosing a name for it) before you start the steps below.
- Log in to Alis+ or CEM IBE+.
- Select ‘Assessment Admin’.
- On the left hand side of the page you’ll see a section titled ‘Access Assessment Centre’ – select option 3 ‘Set up the Assessments’.
- Select the relevant assessment (the most recent for the current assessment), and click ‘ok’.
- Click ‘carry out assessments’ from the blue tiles across the top (the clock symbol).
- Copy/make a note of the pass key for each year group and check the ‘enabled’ box for each year group you plan to assess.
- Click ‘Non-Web Version’.
- Select ‘Download Assessment for Mac’. Once completed, you will see a prompt in the top right hand corner confirming the download is complete. Double click on the icon to access the files.
- Right-click and copy the folder ‘CABT_EW_202300001_Mac’ – then paste into the folder you created on your desktop earlier on. Note – you must copy and paste, not drag and drop.
- Within the newly pasted folder there will be an icon labelled ‘CABT_EW_202300001’. Right click and select ‘Copy’.
- Open your Applications folder and paste the copied icon into there. Once it’s pasted into the Applications folder, right click and select ‘Copy’ again.
- Open the newly created folder on your desktop again and paste the copied file into there. A pop up box will appear – select ‘Replace’. Note - you can delete the copy from your Applications folder now – you wont need that again.
- The assessment engine is now ready to use. Double click on the icon, then select ‘Open’.
- A pop up window will appear, which you can click and copy into the browser bar – http://localhost:8085/local (you don’t need to be connected to the internet).
1. When a student clicks on the link they will be asked for a pass key – each student in their year group will use the same pass key. The student should enter the pass key and press ‘Submit’.
Tip – often schools put the pass key on a board in the room where assessments are taking place.
3. The student will see a title screen for the assessment, and should press ‘Next’.
4. The student will select their name from the list and click ‘Next’.
Note – there is search functionality so a student can narrow down the options if you have a large year group.