Detailed Guides and Supporting Information
- Preparing the Student Details Spreadsheet
- CSV Spreadsheet Template for Uploading ALIS student details
- Calculating your average GCSE Points
- Importing your Student Details Spreadsheet -detailed guide
- Full PDF Alis/CEMIBE Co-ordinator Guide 2023-24
Quick Reference Guide
You can opt to add in student information initially and add in subject choices later, or you can include them all as part of your initial upload. This guide assumes you are uploading everything together, because that is likely to be the most effective way for you to upload all of the information.
You can skip the parts relating to subject choices if they aren’t relevant for you yet, but full predictions wont be available until subject choices are added. Similarly, if you want to generate predictions based on (I)GCSE grades (you can generate this as an additional prediction, or an alternative to sitting the Alis/CEM IBE assessment), you must first add in your average (I)GCSE point scores.
1. Add student information to the excel template, and save a copy (you should have received a copy via email, but if not you can get the document at the top of this page). Note – please ensure the format remains as csv when you save.
Subject choices should follow the format Qualification;Subject – e.g. IBH;Geography or A2;Physics
There are a few ways to add your subject choices to the spreadsheet, and you can find helpful illustrations of both in the Co-ordinator Guide. The format you choose will determine which format of the csv upload template you should use.
2. Log in to Alis+ or CEM IBE+.
3. Select ‘Assessment Admin’.
4. On the left hand side of the page you’ll see a section titled ‘Access Assessment Centre’ – select option 2 ‘Upload Student Details inc. Subject Choices’.
5. Select the relevant assessment (the most recent for the current assessment), and click ‘ok’.
6. Click ‘Import’, choose the year group you want to upload student data for, and click ‘ok’. Note – this refers to year groups according to the UK school system. If you are an international school and are unsure about what that means for your students, we have some information to support you here.
7. Click ‘Choose File’ and select your csv document (point b. Does the file contain column headers? Should remain as ‘yes’).
8. Place a marker in the circle icon next to the file format you have chosen, and choose the divider you have used from the drop down - if you’re using one of our templates, this will be a semi colon [ ; ]
9. Select whether you want predictions to AS for your A2 subjects.
10. Click ‘Upload’.
11. Check that the column headers have mapped over correctly (use the drop downs to make changes as necessary). Whether your subject headers are subject names or ‘subject 1, 2, 3’ they should all map to ‘Subject Choice’. When you’re happy, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click ‘Next’.
Note – columns left as ‘ignore’ will not be loaded to our system.
12. If you have added subject choices you will be asked to confirm the qualification (against CEM recognised qualifications). Select the relevant qualification from the drop down list and click ‘ok’.
13. If you have added subject choices, you will also be asked to map the subjects in your file to CEM recognised subjects. Subjects the system hasn’t automatically recognised will show with ‘ignore’ in the drop down. Remember, anything with ‘ignore’ will not load into our system, so you will need to select a subject from the list. You should also check those that have mapped over automatically. When you’re happy with the choices, click ‘ok’.
Note – if the qualification is not listed, it’s likely we don’t hold enough data on that qualification to provide a prediction. This is most common with new qualifications. You can select the closest match we hold to get an idea of likely predictions
14. You’ll see a summary of candidates you have imported. You can make changes or delete students if you need to. When you’re ready, click ‘Next’.
15. If the system detects any duplicate students against records you have already added, you will see a ‘Candidate Matching’ screen. Select ‘Include’ to add as a second entry, or ‘Update’ to amend the current record for that student. Click ‘Finish’ to complete the upload.