Quick Reference Guide
You should make sure your student details are uploaded in full before you download the assessment.
1. Log in to InCAS+. 2.Select ‘Administration’ and then ‘Assessment Centre’. 3.Select the relevant assessment (the most recent for the current assessment), and click ‘ok’.
7. Select ‘Non-Web Version’.
8. Select ‘Download Assessment’ and the relevant operating system, which prompts you to save a zip file on your computer.
9. Once saved, right click on the file and select ‘Extract All’, and choose a location to save the files. Note – the folder must be on a mapped drive, and if there will be no network connection should be saved on the local computer.
Tip – when the download is complete, if you click on the file from the bottom of your browser it will take you directly into the folder, so you will need to go up a level to the folder containing your newly downloaded folder before you can right click and select ‘extract all’.
10. There will be a file starting InCAS (e.g. InCAS_EW_2023_001). Double click on the file to launch the assessment.
11. Click the link in the pop up window, or open a Chrome or Safari browser (you don’t need to be connected to the internet), and copy the following link into the browser bar – http://localhost:8085/local
Note - you must leave the ‘Welcome to CEM eAssessment’ window open. If you close that window the link won’t work. If you are using multiple products, you might notice that the link appears to be the same, but you will need the relevant window for the specific product you want to use open.
1. When a student clicks on the link they will be asked for a pass key – each student in your school will use the same pass key. The student should enter the pass key and click ‘Submit’.
Tip – often schools put the pass key on a board in the room where assessments are taking place.
2. The student will see a title screen for the assessment, and should click ‘Next’.
3. The student will be asked for their unique password, which they should enter and click ‘Next’.
4. The student will see their details on the screen, and should select ‘Next’ to progress to the assessment.
5. A sound test will appear on screen. Students should check they can hear and adjust the volume as necessary. Once happy, they will click ‘Start’ to enter the assessment (they will be presented with a few test questions before the assessment starts).
Detailed Guides and Supporting Information
Where to find students' passwords
Article is closed for comments.