Unless you see the error message below, the data will automatically return via InCAS+ at the end of the assessment if you are running the Web-Only version of InCAS. There are safeguards in place to ensure, wherever possible, the pupil does not need to resit a completed module as the result of a connection failure.
If the above error message is encountered, the system will force the results to save to the ‘downloads’ folder of your computer device. This will be in a CSF format.
1. Please check the CSF file has saved to the ‘downloads’ folder.
2. If saved correctly, you will see a “CEM_RESULTS_FINAL_XXXCSF” (where XXX is a long string of numbers and letters) file appear in the bottom left-hand corner of the browser window. This may look slightly different in different browsers. You can also open the browser’s ‘downloads’ folder and check if a result file with that name appears with a creation date/time within the last minute or so.
The CSF file has been saved to the downloads folder successfully
1. We recommend you copy this file immediately to a USB drive or a common server location, to facilitate easy upload to CEM.
2. If you are satisfied the results have saved correctly, click ‘YES’.
You will then see the screen below, and the test will finish as normal.
3. You can then return your CSF file using the ‘Return Data’ facility in InCAS+
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to upload your InCAS results file.
5. You will see a confirmation banner when the file has uploaded successfully.
If the CSF file has NOT saved correctly in the ‘downloads’ folder
1. Click NO on the error screen.
2.The system will attempt to save the results again. The system attempts to save the file to the ‘downloads’ folder up to five times, and you will see the same dialog each time, unless you click Yes.
3. If you are still unable to verify a file has saved to the ‘downloads’ folder, or you have clicked ‘no’ five times, you will be taken to the copy & paste dialogue shown below.
Select the ‘copy’ button and paste the contents into a Notepad (or similar) file and return it to CEM by e-mail to email@example.com.