Quick Reference Guide
You should make sure your student details are uploaded in full before you download the assessment, and it’s a good idea to create a new folder on your desktop (by right clicking on your desktop, clicking ‘new folder’, and choosing a name for it) before you start the steps below.
- Log in to Secondary+.
- Select ‘Assessment Admin’ and then ‘Computer Assessments’.
- On the left hand side of the page you’ll see a section titled ‘Access Assessment Centre’ – select option 3 ‘Set up the Assessments’.
- Select the relevant assessment (the most recent for the current assessment), and click ‘ok’.
- Click ‘carry out assessments’.
- Copy/make a note of the pass key for each year group and check the ‘enabled’ box for each year group you plan to assess.
- Click ‘Non-Web Version’.
- Select ‘Download Assessment for Mac’. Once completed, you will see a prompt in the top right hand corner confirming the download is complete. Double click on the icon to access the files.
- Right-click and copy the folder ‘CABT_EW_202300001_Mac’ – then paste into the folder you created on your desktop earlier on. Note – you must copy and paste, not drag and drop.
- Within the newly pasted folder there will be an icon labelled ‘CABT_EW_202300001’. Right click and select ‘Copy’.
- Open your Applications folder and paste the copied icon into there. Once it’s pasted into the Applications folder, right click and select ‘Copy’ again.
- Open the newly created folder on your desktop again and paste the copied file into there. A pop up box will appear – select ‘Replace’. Note - you can delete the copy from your Applications folder now – you wont need that again.
- The assessment engine is now ready to use. Double click on the icon, then select ‘Open’.
- A pop up window will appear, which you can click and copy into the browser bar – http://localhost:8085/local (you don’t need to be connected to the internet). Note - you must leave the ‘Welcome to CEM eAssessment’ window open. If you close that window the link won’t work. If you are using multiple products, you might notice that the link appears to be the same, but you will need the relevant window for the specific product you want to use open.
- When a student clicks on the link they will be asked for a pass key – each student in their year group will use the same pass key. The student should enter the pass key and press ‘Submit’. Tip – often schools put the pass key on a board in the room where assessments are taking place.
- The student will see a title screen for the assessment, and should press ‘Next’.
- The student will select their name from the list and click ‘Next’. Note – there is search functionality so a student can narrow down the options if you have a large year group.
Detailed Guides and Supporting Documents
Article is closed for comments.