Quick Reference Guide
You should make sure your student details are uploaded in full before you download the assessment
- Log in to Secondary+.
- Select ‘Assessment Admin’ and then ‘Computer Assessments’.
- On the left hand side of the page you’ll see a section titled ‘Access Assessment Centre’ – select option 3 ‘Set up the Assessments’.
- Select the relevant assessment (the most recent for the current assessment), and click ‘ok’.
- Click ‘carry out assessments’.
- Copy/make a note of the pass key for each year group and check the ‘Enabled’ box for each year group you plan to assess. Note – you will see a check box labelled ‘candidates can retake an assessment’. If you opt to leave it blank, that is something you can come back and change in future if you have a need to retake any of the assessments.
- Scroll down and click ‘Non-Web Version’.
- Select ‘Download Assessment’ and the relevant operating system, which prompts you to save a zip file on your computer.
- Once saved, right click on the file and select ‘Extract All’, and choose a location to save the files. The folder must be on a mapped drive, and if there will be no network connection should be saved on the local computer. Tip – when the download is complete, if you click on the file from the bottom of your browser it will take you directly into the folder, so you will need to go up a level to the folder containing your newly downloaded folder before you can right click and select ‘extract all’.
- Set up a shortcut to the assessment by right clicking the icon for ‘CABT_EW _2023_0001’ and choose ‘Create Shortcut’.
- Click the link in the pop up window, or open a Chrome or Safari browser (you don’t need to be connected to the internet), and copy the following link into the browser bar – http://localhost:8085/local. Note - you must leave the ‘Welcome to CEM eAssessment’ window open. If you close that window the link won’t work. If you are using multiple products, you might notice that the link appears to be the same, but you will need the relevant window for the specific product you want to use open.
- When a student clicks on the link they will be asked for a pass key – each student in their year group will use the same pass key. The student should enter the pass key and click ‘Submit’. Tip – often schools put the pass key on a board in the room where assessments are taking place.
- The student will see a title screen for the assessment, and should click ‘Next’.
- The student will select their name from the list and click ‘Next’. Note – there is search functionality so a student can narrow down the options if you have a large year group.
Detailed Guides and Supporting Documents