Quick Reference Guide
Please make sure you have uploaded your student details before you download the assessment.
- Log in to PIPS+.
- Select ‘Administration’ from the grey banner at the top, and then ‘Assessment Centre’.
- Select the relevant assessment year (the most recent for the current assessment), and click ‘ok’.
- Select ‘carry out assessments’ from the banner across the top (the clock symbol).
- Choose ‘Non-Web Version’.
- Select ‘Download Assessment’ and the relevant operating system, which prompts you to save a zip file on your computer
- Once saved, right click on the file and select ‘Extract All’, and choose a location to save the files. Note – the folder must be on a mapped drive, and if there will be no network connection should be saved on the local computer. Tip – when the download is complete, if you click on the file from the bottom of your browser it will take you directly into the folder, so you will need to go up a level to the folder containing your newly downloaded folder before you can right click and select ‘Extract All’.
- Select ‘ASPECTS_2023_0001’. You can set up a shortcut to the assessment by right clicking and choosing ‘Create Shortcut’.
- Click the link in the pop up window, or open a Chrome or Safari browser (you don’t need to be connected to the internet), and copy the following link into the browser bar – http://localhost:8085/local note - you must leave the ‘Welcome to CEM eAssessment’ window open. If you close that window the link won’t work. If you are using multiple products, you might notice that the link appears to be the same, but you will need the relevant window for the specific product you want to use open.
- Once on the web page, enter the pass key (the pass key is the same for all students taking the test).
- Select ‘Next’.
- Select the relevant student from the list, select whether you are doing a start or end of year assessment, then select ‘Next’.
- Check student details, and select ‘Next’.
- Test your volume and change as appropriate using the slider, then press ‘Start’ to launch the assessment questions.
Detailed Guides and Supporting Information