InCAS is an adaptive assessment, it uses the students' responses to decide whether to progress to more challenging questions, or to return to easier ones. Essentially, the assessment automatically adapts to a child’s ability. For this reason, students can expect to find some questions too easy and some too difficult when taking the assessment and not all will see the same questions.
- Reading – There are potentially 3 question types; word recognition, word decoding and comprehension. 20-25 mins
- Spelling - Over their headset the student will hear a word and, using the screen keypad, they have to spell the word they have just heard. 15-20 mins
- General Maths – including counting, fractions, patterns, algebra, measure, shape and space, data handling. 20-25 mins
- Mental Arithmetic – addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. 15-20 mins
- Developed Ability – picture vocabulary, non-verbal ability. 20-25mins
- Attitudes – a student’s attitudes to reading, maths and school. 5-10mins