Some of your students might not answer enough questions on the Vocab or Maths section of Alis to generate an overall baseline score. In these cases, they can retake the section where they failed to answer enough questions at their first attempt.
- You will see the following section in the ‘carry out assessments’ area
- Please tick the box next to Candidates can retake an assessment.
- Once done, you can instruct the student to go back into their test.
- They will see the message below once they select their name from the list and click ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Yes’ to replace one of the sections of the assessment.
- On the first screen, the student must de-select all sections except the one with a missing score (e.g. Maths). They can then proceed to retake this part of the assessment.
Students retaking a section because they achieved no score in Vocab and/or Maths at the first attempt should receive an automatic new score if they answer enough questions correctly. In this instance, there is no need to request a manual override.
If the student already has a score from their first attempt, you will need to email email@example.com requesting that we overwrite the current assessment results with the retake.