Only the Vocabulary and Maths sections of the CABT are used to produce the reports. The non-verbal section is there to provide some additional information about the student’s ability to perform certain tasks but does not contribute to the score upon which the predictive and value added reports are based.
To access your predictive data reports follow the steps below:
1. Select Reports > Predictive data
2. You will see the following downloadable options.
Predictions – Spreadsheet
An Excel spreadsheet will load like the one below, when you download this document
The spreadsheet provides predictions for all A Level/IB/Pre-U qualifications registered to each student.
You will see in the example spreadsheet above that the Livesystemtest candidate received a predicted grade B for their A2 Chemistry based on their GCSE grade point average. But the CABT predicted a grade A based on their performance in the Alis assessment, where they scored 130.6159. This tells us that the CABT uncovered even more potential in this student than their GCSE results imply.
IPR – Spreadsheet
Only students that sat the CABT will receive an Individual Pupil Report (IPR). Schools that only upload the GCSE grade point average to generate predictions will receive no IPRs.
The most useful information is the overall CABT score plus a breakdown of each score for the following:
- Non Verbal
You will see we also provide the Band, Stanine and Percentile for every student in each of the four sections – Overall, Vocab, Maths and Non Verbal.
Predictions – Spreadsheet (75th percentile) and Predictions – Spreadsheet (90th percentile)
This spreadsheet confirms what each student must achieve in their predicted grades for the school to appear in the top 25 (75th percentile) or 10 (90th percentile) percent of performers among all CEM schools taking the Alis assessment.
Predictions – Broadsheet (GCSE Baseline) and Predictions – Broadsheet (Adaptive Baseline)
These spreadsheets provides an overview of what each student will need to achieve for the school to appear in the various percentiles of the Alis cohort. For example, the 99th percentile is the top 1 percent.
We provide all predictive data on this document from either the average (I)GCSE score or the CABT results.
We provide these in a PDF format to include high level graphs not available in Excel. This is only available for students that have taken the CABT.
The Individual Pupil Record (IPR) sheets contain the scores obtained by an individual student in each section of the test, as well as the overall score. They also present standardised scores to enable comparisons between the different sections to be made.
Predictions – Student Level
The blue bars on these graphs show the probability of the student achieving each grade in that subject. The graph on the left uses the average (I)GCSE score as a measure of ability, and the graph on the right uses the baseline test if taken.
From the chart on the left it can be seen that the most likely grade (modal grade) is a B with a 30% probability of achieving this grade. However, there is also a good chance that the student will get some other grade - in fact there is a 46% chance of getting lower than a B and a 24% chance of getting higher than a B if we use the average (I)GCSE score as the sole baseline.
Predictions – Subject Level
This report gives a comparative overview of each student prediction per subject. This is especially useful if the school uploaded the average (I)GCSE score and administered the CABT as well. You will see it shows the different predictions generated by each baseline. In the example below, the CABT predicts a grade A in A Level Chemistry, but the prediction based on the average (I)GCSE score generates a grade B.
This report presents prior qualification / ability information on the cohort due to complete sixth form
studies in the next two years. The report contains profiles of the cohort based on the average (I)GCSE score and the Alis alternative ability test (if taken) and comparisons across the previous ten years. If your students took the CABT, a profile chart is also shown for the different sections in the test. In all
the profiles shown in this report, the students are divided into one of four bands with A being the highest
and D the lowest.