If you want a student to retake a module (usually because their first attempt didn't generate a score), you can allow this through the assessment platform. There are a few things to understand before you go ahead:
- Retakes are at module level, so even if a student has a section score, when they access the relevant module they will need to complete the entire module again. This means their previous section scores for that module will be overwritten (most relevant for Reading and Developed Ability).
- Allowing retakes requires a change to your assessment settings, so it will apply to all students assigned to the assessment. We strongly recommend you apply the change just before your student(s) retake the relevant module, and change the settings back (to not allow retakes) once they've finished. This will help prevent students inadvertently overwriting their scores in future testing.
To allow retakes:
- Log in to the Cambridge Primary Insight assessment platform.
- Select the ‘Assessments’ section from the left hand menu.
- Select the relevant assessment by clicking on the blue link.
- Select the 'Settings' button near the top right of the screen.
- Select the 'Allow' radio button, and then 'Save'.
Students can now access the assessment as normal. Please make sure they select the module you want them to retake when they enter the assessment (they will see all modules).
To turn off retake functionality, repeat the above steps, selecting the 'Do not allow' radio button.