Note: You should import your student details into the Assessment Centre before downloading the
Non-Web version of InCAS. If additional students are added after the software has been download, their passwords are unlikely to work.
1. You will need to create a folder on your computer called InCAS_2023-24. This location should be
accessible to the students doing the assessments. Note: the folder must be on a mapped drive (e.g.,
C:\ where C can be any letter) and must not be a server path or the desktop path (e.g., \\myserver).
2. Download and install the software by selecting the ‘Carry out Assessments’ option in the assessment centre. Click on the arrow in the Non-Web Version box.
3. This will take you to the Non-Web page. We will be looking at the Assessment for Windows (Assessment for Mac is also available). Click on the download icon.
4. You will see the file appear as follows. You can download it by double-clicking on the file.
5. This will open the file to show the contents as below:
6. In the meantime, create a new folder on your desktop machine. This is where you can extract
your files once downloaded. In this instance, we will call it InCAS Assessment.
7. Unzip the contents of the zip file. You can extract the files by right-clicking anywhere in the
white box and selecting ‘Extract All’
8. You will see the screen below. Select ‘Browse’ to choose the folder created at Step #6 above, called
InCAS Assessment. You can now click on ‘Extract’.
9. The extracted files will now appear. In this example, you need to double-click on the icon called
InCAS_EW_2024_001 to launch the InCAS assessment.
In the example above, the Saves folder is where your offline results files will be stored before transfer to CEM. The InCAS_EW_2024_001 is the assessment file.
10. You will see the box below when you click on the InCAS_EW_2024_0001 file:
Copy and paste the URL link at step 2. in the screen above into a new browser.
11. When the assessment loads, the student will be asked to enter their password. They should then select Next to begin the assessment.