To access the Age Comparison Charts, in your InCAS+ account select Results/Analysis > Age Comparison Charts. Select the Year (version) and finally, click Display and your report will download.
Below is an example Age Comparison chart showing feedback for the General Maths: Number 2 module for a single year group
Age Comparison Charts present the feedback as vertical box and whisker plots in Microsoft Excel.
They show the age and assessment score distributions for the pupils in a cohort.
The green line is indicative of the national average. Because the scores are age equivalent scores, it
is therefore the case that pupils aged 8 years would be expected to have an age equivalent score of
8 years and pupils aged 9 years would be expected to have an age equivalent score of 9 years, etc.
When only a single year group is shown on the chart, the green line is indicative of the average age of
A red line on the chart displays the minimum or maximum score achievable for that assessment.
For Maths the minimum score is 3 years 0 months and for Reading it is 4 years 0 months. For all
assessments the maximum score is 16 years 0 monthsThe feedback can be displayed for:-
• Year Group
Depending upon the option selected the feedback will then display feedback for all pupils in a class,
year group or the whole school.
Assessment choices can be filtered on the downloaded chart and are shown below:-
• Achievement (Reading and General Maths)
• Reading Modules (Word Recognition, Word Decoding, Comprehension, Spelling)
• General Maths Modules (Number 1, Number 2, Measures, Shape and Space, Data)
• Mental Arithmetic
• Mental Arithmetic Modules (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division)
• Developed Ability
• Developed Ability Modules (Picture Vocabulary, Non Verbal)
• Attitudes (Reading, Maths, School)